Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June cardigan and tank top

 I made a cardigan in that I made in June. It is based on a cardigan from http://www.lafayette148.com/ . The original cardigan is made from a crinkled linen fabric. Since I was working with a knit, I decided to try it. I drafted a zipper front cardigan pattern from PMB. I cut a strip of fabric 5 inches wide along the length of the fabric. I sewed a casing along both sides of the fabric. Next I made a drawstrip and eased it thru both sides of the overlay. I cut off the drawstring closest to the body of the cardigan. I layed the gathered strip along the sides and back of the cardigan and topstitched them together. It is heavy so it will not be worn until the weather gets cool.




I worked on a tank top based on a top from the June 2010 Burda mag. I drafted a one shoulder top. I cut a 10 wide strip of knit and finished the side seams. I gathered the fabric down to a 4 inch wide which I attached to the front and back. The next time, I will cut the strip a little shorter so that it is under some tension. The strip on the current top is a little loose.

1 comment:

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

It will be interesting to see a pic of this top!