Friday, April 29, 2011

Zipper front jacket

Pardon the wrinkles but I had been to church and lunch before I could get a picture taken. I could not figure out what to wear on Easter and the ugly prom dress cut into my sewing time. I made this jacket at the end of last year. I took me a while to finish it. I had leftover fabric so Saturday night, I made the skirt. The jacket is drafted from PMB and the fabric is a heavy doubleknit that came out of the stash. I ran out of time, so I didn't add the right shoulder pads and you can see the ones that I used sticking out of the collar. I'm still working on learning how to get the fit right with this program. This is the first jacket that I have finished and worn so it is getting better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Towanda;

It sure is nice to put a face to the name! I was just at SG and decided to check out your blog, adorable DGD!! I think you did a great job on your suit, I love navy blue! Can't imagine what fit issues you're still trying to work out in PMB because looks good from my end!:)) What sleeve style did you choose? Ya know I was looking at your shoulders and was wondering what the jacket looks like without the shoulder pads? Again, great job and you nailed the proportions, smart suit! Time for the second wearable jacket!:))

Debbie Soles
Fellow PMB'er!:))

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I need to come by more often! A picture of you in your Easter Outfit (Awesome BTW!) and a picture of the DGD! You are sooooo right...they do bring so much joy and love to a household especially when you aren't the one primarily responsible for them! :)

Cheap Essay said...

Great post and some really useful tips there. I love resource lists like this. Have social bookmarked it in the hope that others can also benefit.