Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 SWAP - What should I be????


These are some of the fabrics that I'm auditioning for the 2013 SWAP at Stitcher's Guild. I haven't decided what the final garments are going to be.  Most of the fabric comes from my birthday trips to A Fabric Place. My fingers keep the submit button at Fabric Mart pretty busy in November. A couple of pieces have been in the stash for a few years. Of course, I've been pulling out more fabric that what is in this picture.

I know that I am making a pair of black pants and a skirt for the bottoms for one capsule. The other capsule will have a pair of white pants as one of the bottoms. I have all of the fabric that I need in the stash except for white linen. For some strange reason, I want a pair of white linen pants for the summer. This might not be a good idea since I can't keep anything white clean longer than a minute.

Right now, I'm stuck trying to get a good crotch fit on a pair of pants. My last stupid mistake was drafing a pattern  and not double-checking the pattern summary. The pants look great but the crotch is jacked up. The crotch length was too long so there is too much fabric and they look funny. The  pants are wearable with a long tunic top. So I drafted a new pattern that is sitting in timeout. Right now, I'm altering Sandra Betzina's Vogue pattern 1197. I plan to make both the top and the pants. Tomorrow I get to sew since my patient decided she wanted the day off.

I actually did finish a bunch of garments that need to be pressed so I can take pictures of them.  I'm making a promise that I will finish them and post a couple of pics and a blog post before the end of this week.

Happy New Year, I'm off to get ready for Watch Night service at our church.

2 comments:

Joyce in NC said...

I'm glad to see you blogging. I hope you have a Happy New Year! I will be eagerly awaiting your swap pieces.

BeaJay said...

Love your fabric. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.