I like pretty clothes but if I'm realistic I spend most of my time in knit tops and jeans. I didn't think that I had goals for this year but I think they have been lingering in the subconcious part of my mind. I plan to continue to rebuild my wardrobe which includes making more tops. If I join the 2013 Top of the Month group at Stitcher's Guild then I will have some encouragement to make at least one top a month.
I made two tops in January plus the top for my swap. The tops are the final pieces of my winter 6PAC. I used Hot Patterns 3 Grace cowl neck pattern for the first top. This pattern has 3 different versions but I tossed the other 2 tops because I don't need that much fabric around these girls. The pattern was really easy to put together after I watched Trudy's video.
I used the sleeve pattern and added sleeves to the top which I narrowed just a little too much. The only issue that I found was the sleeve were too long. I cut about 4 inches from the finished sleeves. I wanted the top to be longer so I added 2.5 inches which I divided into 2 pieces.
The fabric was one of those "what was I thinking" purchases. I bought it from Michael's a couple of years ago. Every once in a while I'd pull it out and then put it back because I just didn't think that it was me. The colors are brighter in real life. I like how the pattern turn off and plan to make it several times. The only change that I made for the next version is to shave the back neck area so it will fit close to my neck.
Part of stash busting is to avoid returning any fabric to the stash so I made a second top. This top was made using a pattern that I drafted from PMKnits. The only issue is that the neckline is too low so I tacked it together to avoid flashing people. The next time that I use this pattern I will raise the neckline and cut the under layer so it ends just below the bust. I added ruching on one side of the center section. I want to make this top into a LBD ruching both sides and adding flare to the skirt hems.