Saturday, December 28, 2013

January Make a Garment a Month Challenge

PMB Knit Cardigan and tank top
This is my January project. I drafted the pattern using PMB Knit program. It is a basic cardigan and a shell top. I've used these patterns before. This time I made some changes to see if I like the fit better. I had originally drafted the pattern with a v-neck but changed it to a scoop neck so it would work better with the cardigan. If this turns out well, I can use the pattern as a sloper and just draft different front pattern pieces. The program uses a dartless block but I need darts in knit tops. My dart is really small so I will just ease it into the side seams.

The only change that I made to the pattern was to narrow the shoulders of the cardigan. I have a full bust but very narrow shoulders. The knit program will not draft a shoulder seam that fits me so I have to manually change the pattern. You can change the shoulder length but I can't figure how to do it when the garment has sleeves. I may to tweak it a little but more during the construction. I cut the pattern out with 1inch side seams. I've been making myself baste the side seams to check fit first. Sometimes I forget and I'm not thrilled with the final garment.

Fabricmart Sweater Knit




3 comments:

BeaJay said...

I look forward to seeing how they come out. Good luck.

L said...

Yes!! I found your blog! I don't know how I missed it before. I'm still trying to get the hang of Bloglovin'. Finding or resetting my password would probably help. =)

Robin said...

I have PMB Knit too. I have problems drafting patterns that really fit well. They usually come out too big and hate all that paper matching. Glad to see you posting again!