Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Project Summary

I'm posting this note to remind myself of what I accomplished in January. I still need to write detailed notes and take pictures. I managed to get some sewing done despite my crazy work schedule. I worked for short periods of time when I had the energy and chunks of time over the weekends to get everything done. Sewing became my respite from work stress.

I finished all of the projects that I cut out at the end of last year. I have mixed feelings about cutting out projects ahead of time. It was great to be able to sit down and start sewing but I felt that I lost some spontaneity and felt constricted. One of my goals is to prevent UFO's so I felt compelled to finish these projects. These feelings verified that I have issues with sticking to a definite set of projects. This is why I never finish a SWAP. I'm easily distracted by new patterns, fabric and plans, LOL. I'm a one project person but I might try working on a complex project along with something easy.

Projects completed:
January MAGAM project - sweater set
McCall's 6844 - 2 long cardigans both from ponte knit
Lekala 4119 - used leftover knit from my twin set
Vogue 8976- used a sweater knit. This fabric was a bear to work with because it clings to itself.
Hot Patterns Fiesta top - made a second version using an ITY knit
I used PMB to draft several projects using a black ponte knit: sleeveless knit dress, added a piece of black lace and leftover white ponte knit to make a gore skirt; and a peplum top.
The only project still in progress is a black tencel knit cowl neck which needs to be hemmed. I've tried to hem this top several times but the only thing getting a workout is my seam ripper.

DH has several old vests that are too big due to his weight loss. The first vest that I fixed almost had me pulling my hair out. The seam ripper was an extension of my right hand. After I finished the vest, I told him that he owes me a drink.

RTW Fast - no new clothes. I did buy some new work shoes, socks and tights.

Stashbusting - 4 pieces of fabric left the stash. FM was my downfall but I only spent 65 bucks on fabric that will be used in February.

2 comments:

Roz said...

You got a lot accomplished for January! Good Job!

L said...

You had a very productive month! Here's to keeping the momentum. =)